Re: Making "upstream" tarballs available

John Dennis wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:21 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
That's true.  Although there are a few things that hosted definitely
lacks before we're ready to take it out of beta.  Off the top of my head:

* free form web space.  That allows hosting yum repos for the projects,
download sites, non-trac-wiki space, etc.

Unless I'm mistaken currently the only way to put a tarball for a
project on hosted.fp.o at the moment is to add the tarball as an
attachment to Trac.

This actually seems reasonable to me (uploading a tarball as an attachment that can be linked to later) I've been doing this with smolt. There's two issues currently though. 1) For some reason the system doesn't work in FireFox and 2) The link to the actual download page includes variables like &action=raw or something like that and RPM hates it.

   -Mike