Re: The updates firehose

Matthias Clasen wrote:
I also consider this a bug. It winds up pulling metacity-devel onto a user's system when they try to install something that requires metacity. Then all the depchain of metacity-devel is pulled in as well.

Fortunately, not many things require metacity, and chances are that the user isn't going to install it post facto since we install firstboot by default which has an explicit metacity requirement.

Doesn't rpm's grandiose shortest-name-wins rule save us there ?

Not quite sure, there may be a bug. I accidentally had firefox-debuginfo providing gecko-devel (along with firefox-devel) and firefox-devel won all of the time in brew. As soon as we switched to koji, -debuginfo started to win half the time which is when I noticed the error. Could be that we switched around the time we got a new rpm that broke this behavior, I didn't investigate too far...