Re: Unwanted RPM dependencies - grub v logos

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Monday 04 June 2007 14:17:11 Stefan Held wrote:
Would the solution with isolated grub graphics harm anyone?

We have something of a mandate to keep all the trademarked content in one package, fedora-logos. Thus fedora-logos tends to be required by a lot of things, but since it drops files into application directories, fedora-logos itself requires many things so that there are no unowned directories or so that the right application owns it's directories. This is perhaps one case where we can forgo the policy on directory ownership.
Given the wiki information noted by Rahul about the direction startup is planned to take, and what I would see as some risk in the "bits" required being ready in time, we could make the changes to grub and fedora-logos now and get it out there, when the risk is low - a long time to prove the changes are fine.

If something better comes along before T1 {
20 July 2007 	F8 Test1 development freeze
1 August 2007   F8 Test1 release
20 August 2007 F8 FEATURE freeze } then that would supersede the change I was suggesting.

Perhaps there has already been major development in this area, if not, it seems rather tight to achieve in 6 or 10 weeks will be enough time.

Anyway, I don't think I mentioned that I'm putting my hand up for the packaging if there is at least a chance it will be used, I'd rather not waste time though if there is going to be an outright "no" to the suggestion ?

DaveT.