Re: plans for long term support releases?

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le mardi 16 janvier 2007 à 23:26 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt a écrit :

I've heard mention so many times, that it's a problem, people don't see Fedora as a serious distribution for non-desktop/-testing use. I think that this is exactly the problem. We want to be bleeding edge, but at the same time it would be nice if an installed version could be trusted to not break too often because of updates.

In the Fedora space that means making updates safer¹, not finding ways
to avoid updates.

¹ and supporting continuous yum updating with no anaconda stage

Indeed. And I have no problem with things changing, as long as they keep working. But let the updates flow for a longer period of time for a branched version we could call Fedora LTS (or sumthin).