Re: CPU Frequency Scaling

Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
I understand that people are generally afraid of changes to working
habits etc, but we can't stop at Linux is a good UNIX clone. We must
evolve and search new possibilities, not being afraid to change 30 year
old paradigms if needed. IMHO we (free software comunity) do need more
integrated host and network level configurability at various levels:
networking, power management, users, etc. I think the work being done by
David Zeuthen and others is well headed it that direction and badly
needed.

The old way of "Keeping It Simple" is powerful. Hand-editable configuration files have worked great in the past and continues to do so. Why would we want a new way of doing the same thing in a much more complex way?

We should probably try to extend the old ways, rather than replacing them altogether.

/Thomas