Re: Core + Exrtas 2

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

- Asking for ABI compatibility is a little boring.
I dont think we can meet ABI compatibility requirements on all updates.
You can't avoid it. In fact, current Core strictly does or at least
tries hard to strive for it. FE is a bit sloppier about it.

Strictly maintaining ABI is very heavy amount of additional work. Since many upstream projects dont care about it, this essentially means backporting fixes, struggle on choiecs between security fixes and ABI breakage, doing QA ack's on every individual patch, running it through a series of tests etc that is being done on RHEL. We cant afford that maintenance overhead currently in Fedora.

Rahul