Re: yum question, reverting to old packages.

Richard Hally wrote:
Rahul wrote:
Richard Hally wrote:

Excellent! RPM considered harmful. Of course our "helper" apps are not helpful when you need help the most. </sarcasm>

Being sarcastic is very unhelpful and wont motivate anyone to help you. Kindly avoid that.
Who died and made you 'list mom'?

Self elected mostly.

Sarcasm is a valid rhetorical device.
Please take care when you criticize other people's style. You're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. (and neither an I).

It would be nice to avoid sarcasm if you want to developers to take your suggestions seriously.

Well yeah.
Sarcasm perceived.

You seem to have misunderstood. I accepted what you said.

It would be nice to have RPM rollbacks used more reliably but
thats different from Yum's ability to do RPM downgrades. If RPM can get the ability to do downgrades reliably yum can also support it.

Rahul

Let's see if we can get RPM rollbacks and downgrades working and out of the "nice to have" category.

Sure. Patches accepted.

Rahul