Re: Collecting and fixing pet peeve bugs

My pet peeve is the lack of a text input area in the standard file requestor.

All I want to do is to paste a file path from a shell window to get an attachment added to a mail item. Navigating the graphical file requestor to the file is incredibly
painful over a slow X-remote session.

I think I reported this as a bug once, and response was that there is a
control-key sequence that will pop up a textbox file requestor, but this has two
serious problems:
- The graphical requestor doesn't remind you what the magical key sequence is. - Popping up yet-another window on a slow X-remote session just aggravates the problem.

If the curent wisdon is that text input of filenames will confuse the target Fedora user, then don't make it default. Just provide me with a configuration option so that I get
a text input area in all my file-requestors.

John