Re: Collecting and fixing pet peeve bugs

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:06 -0400, John Ellson wrote:
> My pet peeve is the lack of a text input area in the standard file
> requestor.
>
> All I want to do is to paste a file path from a shell window to get an
> attachment added
> to a mail item.    Navigating the graphical file requestor to the file
> is incredibly
> painful over a slow X-remote session.

Yeah the GNOME fileselector is really irritating about this. With the
stock GTK one, you could navigate through the filesystem, with tab
expansion, just like in bash! The GNOME fileselector seems to have
killed this functionality.

And the whole row-of-buttons for each directory UI thing on top is a
bizzare abuse of buttons. Why can't it just be a text box?