Re: GUI controls for instrumentation

>>>>> "Nicolas" == Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Nicolas> The current situation is good but could be better. Lots of
Nicolas> Eclipse stuff is not packaged right now (WTP...). Though it's
Nicolas> no fault of the packagers, just that's there is a wide gap
Nicolas> between writing and deploying sanely java code on the
Nicolas> desktop.

Eclipse plugins are particularly a pain to build, I think more than
ordinary java programs.

I end up installing some plugins I like via the update sites.  This is
not super convenient, since it means I have another few hoops to jump
through after installing FC, but it isn't terrible.

Nicolas> The Fedora java project is doing great stuff, given what they have as
Nicolas> input.

Thanks :-)

Tom