Re: Fedora Core 5 Status

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Philippe Rigault wrote:
In conclusion, I think that:
1. There should be a new test release, so that gcc/glibc are tested before
FC5 final
2. Since GNOME 2.14 may happen before this test release, it could be
included.

Uhh, I'm not following the logic about testing. It's not like you can just install FC5, disable yum, and forget about it for years.

FWIW, at present, FC4 has over 2 GB of updates. If there are major bugs in any of the FC5 system components, I'm pretty confident that they'll be fixed; as a matter of fact, I'd be surprised if the gcc, glibc or gnome weren't updated within the next 3 months or so.