Re: (fedora) Re: Proposed CHOST change for the 64bit time_t transition

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 8:06 AM Dridi Boukelmoune
<dridi.boukelmoune@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 10:21 AM Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Seems like the fedora list moderators decided to not let the follow-ups pass to the fedora-dev list,
> > so please if you're interested follow the discussion on one of the other involved mailing lists.
> > I'm fairly sure this is also relevant here.
>
> There are other threads on this mailing list mentioning mailman
> problems when cross-posting to multiple lists.
>
> Probably not a moderator intervention.
>
> > E.g., see for the thread
> > https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2024-September/159610.html

Correct, many of the responses were only being sent to one of the
other mailing lists CCed in the original email as well.

My recommendation is that the original mailing be treated as a notice
for all the distros to start talking, but one SINGLE mailing list be
designated for continuing the conversation. The upstream libc-alpha
list seems like the best choice to me, as it's distro-agnostic and
directly relevant to the changes being proposed.