Re: Packages with problematic license tag (for SPDX conversion)

Dne 30. 07. 24 v 4:40 odp. Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
churchyard pypy pypy3.10 pypy3.9

IMHO this uses a valid Callaway _expression_.

It has UCD in it, which is not part of fedora-license-data, but it was listed in the old wiki:

There is https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:UCD

And it is listed in https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Licensing:Main&oldid=651191#Good_Licenses

---

https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/30

With last Richard comment from that issue I guess converting to Unicode-3.0 is the right step. Correct?

I attempted to convert PyPy to SPDX license in https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/churchyard/rpms/pypy3.9/commits/7.3.12-spdx

But there was some negative feedback to my conversion:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/pypy3.9/pull-request/38#comment-152929

Help is appreciated. PyPy has a lot of code taken here and there in it.

The best start is to open issue against https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/ and ask if it is significant change. (Usually) Richard check the license and recommends whether it should be submitted to SPDX as a new license or if we should ask to amend the markup of the definition of the license to allow the variance.

You can see such example in https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/issues/485 and https://github.com/spdx/license-list-XML/issues/2406

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys