Re: Screen brightness keys not working

On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 13:23, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

>     Good catch! I confirm that the build above does not have the issues I was experiencing.

Thank you  I have reported this issue to the ACPI maintainer now:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-acpi/1f76b7e2-1928-4598-8037-28a1785c2d13@xxxxxxxxxx/

Much appreciated.

> However, with this I have another issue:  when I connect my laptop to my Thunderbolt dock, I see irq/9-acpi constantly spinning the CPU at 40%. :( I had to go back to the previous one.

Ok, that is unfortunate. Can you try powering off the lapto and then directly booting into the test kernel,
without first booting a bad kernel?  I'm wondering if the bad kernel maybe confuses the EC in such a way
that it is still unhappy after a reboot.

I did that, still unhappy. :(

--
Iñaki Úcar