Re: Screen brightness keys not working

On 7/15/24 1:23 AM, Iñaki Ucar wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jul 2024 at 09:56, Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx <mailto:samuel@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 7/11/24 4:08 AM, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
     > The Fn keys to increase/decrease the screen brightness always
    worked,
     > but have stopped working at some point, and the problem is that I
    have
     > no clue what may have caused it, because I don't remember when
    was the
     > last time I used them.
     >
     > It's an LG Gram running an up-to-date F40 KDE. Not sure if this
    may be a
     > kernel issue, or a Plasma issue, or... Does anyone know how to debug
     > this? I see:
     >
     > $ ls /sys/class/backlight/
     > intel_backlight

    You will need to find out what the keys trigger.
    Do you see any messages in the journal when you press the keys?

Nothing in the journal.

    Install "evtest" and try watching various sources to see if you get a
    reaction when pressing the keys.

Nothing either. I tried monitoring the keyboard as well as the event fd called "LG WMI hotkeys", and those keys trigger nothing. :( Does this mean that it's a kernel issue?

Probably.  Do you have the "lg-laptop" kernel module loaded?