Re: Schedule for Tuesday's FESCo Meeting (2024-07-23)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024, 6:38 PM Kevin Kofler via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> #3242 Change: Opt-In Metrics for Fedora Workstation
> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3242
> APPROVED (+6, 0, 0)

And this one is yet another case of FESCo rubberstamping a change without
even any dissenting vote despite loads of negative mailing list feedback. I
really wonder what we give feedback for at all if FESCo OKs any and all
changes (except ones that propose to replace GNOME as the default desktop
environment) anyway.

FESCo is an elected body.  If people aren't happy with how they are being represented, I would encourage them to find candidates they feel will represent their interests better and get them to run for election.

If they feel that isn't feasible for whatever reason, then I can only suggest they really think about what they value and whether they feel the project is headed in a direction that matches those values.  If not, they should consider if there's another productive way to change things or if their time and energy is being spent on something that benefits them.

Kevin, you've been in Fedora for as long as I have and that's a very long time.  If you still value Fedora as a project and are simply expressing dissent with a subset of decisions, then perhaps you can phrase it that way more clearly.  If you really feel the project isn't being represented well at this point, then why are you still here?  I don't particularly want to see you go, but I struggle to think of any posts in recent memory that I'd phrase as positive.

josh