Re: F42 Change Proposal: Enable Drm Panic (system-wide)

On 7/15/24 09:12, Petr Pisar wrote:
V Sat, Jul 13, 2024 at 11:32:49AM +0200, Javier Martinez Canillas napsal(a):
For the non-panic case, as Jocelyn mentioned in the change proposal plymouth
already supports redirecting the kernel messages (reading /dev/kmsg) to the
VT and for systems without plymouth, a serial console could be used instead.

Do I understand it correctly that there won't be any kernel message output until
user space (e.g. initramfs) is executed? I.e. no way to troubleshoot errors
between a boot loader and executing the init ram disk?

That's a terrible idea. I do not want to turn my PC into a cellphone.

Actually I've read there is a way to show logcat live on the screen during
the boot phase in Android, so somebody has apparently ported the PC experience
to the cellphone, moving in the opposite way of what we are talking about.
"liveboot"

Regards.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it