Re: F41 Change Proposal: Anaconda as native Wayland application (System Wide)

On Tuesday 11 June 2024 14:52:19 CEST Sérgio Basto wrote:

I had enough with you an your attitude. You have been abusing the good will
and temperament of many Fedora contributors for too long. Somebody must put a
stop to your comments and behavior.

> If you can't support X11 together with Wayland on boot.iso , why you
> want move to Wayland ?

The explanation to this is very clearly explained in the == Detailed
Description === section

> it is stupid break Linux user experience just
> because Wayland is fancy ,

Refrain from calling our actions or (implicitly) our contributors _stupid_

That is just not acceptable. Period.

Not to mention that nobody is breaking any user experience. Your mind is so
distorted that whenever you see "Wayland" you get immediately triggered and
you fight whatever is going on in the discussion.

> what we get with Wayland that we don't get
> with X11 ?

This has been explained so many times that the fact that you keep asking this
over and over and over is just making you look like somebody one cannot have a
conversation with.

> if you need remove X11 to add Wayland, don't do it ! .

Again, the reasoning has been explained in the == Detailed Description ==
section

> Don't
> break the other Linux user systems .

Nobody is breaking anything. Stop spreading FUD.

> Is difficult understand that you
> should not remove components without agreement of everyone ?

yes, sure, like absolutely everything in our society needs to be agreed by
100% of the people. Of course.

Do you realize how non nonsensical that sounds?

> Linux should support all kind of hardware, if Wayland don't, you should
> provide at least fall backs , and not just ignore the others .

That is only *your* view. Please explain me why I cannot install Fedora in my
AMD K6-2 or my Pentium 200 MMX (because I cannot, it is not supported
anymore).

Linux should support all kind of hardware, right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> The removal of X11 from KDE , just because KDE SIG decide without
> consent of many members of Fedora which contribute to Fedora KDE ,
> should not be acceptable .

Why on earth would you bring this here? I am not sure you can understand how
childish you look by doing this sort of thing.

> Waste my energy discussing things that should be obvious , make me
> think if I still should contribute to this project .

If you ask me? Please don't. I personally do not want to deal with
contributors with the attitude that you have.

> Like Linus says "DON'T BREAK THE USER SPACE"

Is that supposed to mean anything? Just because the kernel maintainer says
something it doesn't mean that is a rule written by the Heavens and The All
Mighty and we must follow it.

(for the record, the linux kernel *has* broken userspace in the past. Just
saying).

Best regards,

Marc Deop