Re: Fedora Elections - Voting is now open!

On 22-05-2024 16:32, Vít Ondruch wrote:

The same link works for me and other people are claiming the badge. That leads me to believe some local cache or the like might be getting in the way. I don't have access to the logs. That makes my guesses as good as anyone's.

I have created new profile just due to this and I claimed the badge, but it does not work with my current profile. I am not going to delete caches and what not due to this.

IOW there is some bug which would be nice to fix.

Heh, trying back in my original profile, first I got again the error. Then I got "500 internal server error" and now the links proceeds to badges with "You already have i-voted:-fedora-40 badge". Next attempt "500 internal server error".

If you want to pursue this, I suggest you file a bug against Tharir [1].

So far, all people who have claimed at some point that the link had expired when other people were happily claiming the badge, were able to resolve it either by clearing their cache or by (temporarily) using another browser.

The 500 error is unrelated as far as I'm aware. I've seen that myself a few times now when simply refreshing some Badges page. It's usually short lived.

Last but not least, since you managed to claim the badge, it's expected that you see "You already have i-voted:-fedora-40 badge". You can only claim it once.

[1] https://github.com/fedora-infra/tahrir/issues

-- Sandro