Re: [RETRY #2] Web100 kernel patch on fedora stock kernels

Dave Jones wrote:

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 05:11:03AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> >The actual patchfiles contain info at the top of the file (or at least a
> >pointer to the bugzilla they're fixing) in most cases, though some of the
> >'legacy' patches don't have any description yet.
> >
> It would be useful to add description to those legacy patches too
Sure. I'm getting to them one by one, but I've more important things
to fix tbh.

Right. This is just making the information better documented and transparent to end users. Has lower priority to fixing any actual problems obviously.

> and maintain the current status in a URL and kill the Fedora kernels are > heavily patched myth while providing technically capable or merely > curious users more information on the patches.

My http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/*/ pages have a list
of patches in each kernel, though they are somewhat out of date now.

At some point the patches in CVS will all be documented, and
I can run some script nightly that auto-generates those text files.
That would be great. Thanks

regards
Rahul