Re: convert everything to rpmautospec?

On Mon, Apr 08, 2024 at 12:22:35AM +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> > I've noticed a trend in proposed changes in the way Fedora works.
>
> I am fed up of this salami tactic as well. When we complain about the new
> stuff, we invariably get told "don't worry, you don't have to use it, it's
> all optional", but the plan is always to make it mandatory later. See also
> 2FA that they are now trying to force on us, taking as an excuse an incident
> that was demonstrably NOT stopped by 2FA.
>
> > They start off as as things packagers will not have to use if they do
> > not want to and, over time, become default/forced (Matrix vs IRC,
>
> To be fair, part of the blame there is to be put on Libera.Chat that
> unilaterally turned off their Matrix bridge. (Yes, they did give Matrix some
> time to address the demands they had, but when Matrix told them it was not
> feasible in such a short time frame, they just first suspended, then
> permanently blocked the Matrix bridge.) But, and here is where I blame
> Fedora, instead of just letting the chans on Libera.Chat die and moving
> everything to Matrix, they should have moved the IRC chans to a network with
> a working Matrix bridge, such as OFTC (or pretty much anything other than
> Libera.Chat – I guess even Freenode under its new owners might be an
> option), then we could still be happily using both technologies
> interoperably. Instead, we get told to just use Matrix and shut up, which I
> do not consider acceptable.
>
> > Discourse, ...).
>
> There too, I do not see why some discussions are now being directed to
> Discourse instead of the mailing list. And it is not even working. Most of
> the pertinent feedback for new Changes still comes on this list, not on
> Discourse. The developers use this list, Discourse is only for users who do
> not know how to use a mailing list.

The massive & central problem with discourse (and it's amazing that it
still has not been fixed) is that there's no way to reliably get it to
send me an email when there's a new topic, or even when there's a new
message on an existing topic.  As a result it's completely useless and
invisible to me.

Rich.