Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

Stephen Smoogen wrote:
> Downloads are very hard to measure because too many things are grabbing
> everything from mirrors for different reasons. [Plus various people seem
> to think manipulating the stats for their particular spin on the number of
> downloads will make it more popular (I am looking at the several dozen ips
> which were downloading  the same spin every ten minutes). The countme
> stats for 'running' systems
> https://data-analysis.fedoraproject.org/csv-reports/countme/ can probably
> give you the data on number of active systems.

Countme stats do not tell you though how many of those users actually
downloaded their Edition from fedoraproject.org vs. getting it preinstalled
by some cloud/VPS/dedicated server provider. If people are not going to
fedoraproject.org to download, say, the Cloud Edition or the Server Edition,
then it is pointless to feature that particular Edition prominently on
fedoraproject.org. That is why I was asking for download statistics
specifically.

And is there a statistical evaluation of that data somewhere? Downloading
350 MiB (!) of raw CSV data does not sound to me like a convenient way to
work with it.

      Kevin Kofler