Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> to you? They are quite relevent to others...

I would really like to see what the proportion of users downloading the
Server, IoT, Cloud, and CoreOS Editions is compared to Workstation or the
Spins. I would not expect it to be very high. Most Fedora users are desktop
users. And server or cloud users will mostly install Fedora by picking
"Fedora" in a combo box at their commercial cloud, VPS, and/or dedicated
server provider's web interface, not from fedoraproject.org. I would be
surprised if the percentage of users both running a home server or a private
cloud (as opposed to a hosted commercial offering in a remote datacenter)
AND picking Fedora as the OS to run on it (as opposed to a more conservative
OS such as Rocky/Alma or Debian stable) were significant. CoreOS is also
mostly a server thing, desktop users get pointed to Atomic Desktop variants
(Silverblue/Kinoite/"… Atomic") instead. And IoT is just completely niche.
So why do you expect those Editions to be more relevant to users downloading
Fedora from fedoraproject.org than the Spins?

        Kevin Kofler