Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

On 4/3/24 14:56, Adam Williamson wrote:
If you have two equally good options and you already picked one, you should
stick with it, not just switch between them every so often for the sake
of it. If Plasma were demonstrably, markedly and uncontroversially
*superior*  to GNOME (please don't take this as an excuse to start a
holy war, I am positing for the sake of this post that neither of the
two is demonstrably, markedly and uncontroversially better than the
other), the case would be different.

Absolutely!!

    "What's worse than a bad general?"

    "Two good generals!"

I have used both Gnome and KDE, and settled on Gnome, not because I didn't like KDE but simply because I don't have to think about how to perform basic actions. If someone persuaded me that KDE become much better, I would switch, but I definitely would not want to download a new version of Fedora to install on my new computer, and find myself switched.