Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

El mié., 3 abr. 2024 3:22, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Tue, 2024-04-02 at 21:15 -0400, Steve Cossette wrote:
> I get your point, Kevin. I would argue though that, if a user is looking to
> use Linux, they probably got a decent idea as to what DE they want to use.
> There are.... SO MANY LINUX DISTROS! Making a choice between two is
> honestly probably not that jarring imo.

I mean, we really don't need to speculate about this much. We did an
entire overhaul of the project - Fedora.next - which was explicitly
based around making it much more focused and less of a choose-your-own-
adventure, specifically including making the download page much more
opinionated. AFAIR, the numbers Matthew tracks strongly indicate this
was associated with a very significant immediate bump in Fedora usage.

How do we measure "usage" and how do we attribute the bump to the change in the download page? Did we A/B test the new page?

Iñaki