Obsoleted packages in F40

I just upgraded my workstation to F40 and it surprised how many packages were reported by `remove-retired-packages`.
There was lots of orphaned packages - there is nothing to do about them. But there was lot of packages that were removed intentionally. See the list at the end of my email.

I want to highlight that we have policy for removing policy
   https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Package_Retirement_Process/#complete_removal
which at the end mention adding the package to
   https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fedora-obsolete-packages

Doing this will improve the experience of users upgrading to the next Fedora version.

For the list below I will submit PR.

List of removed packages in F40:

Removing ldc1.32-libs: LLVM D Compiler libraries
Reason of retirement: Compat package no longer needed

Removing ldc1.30-libs: LLVM D Compiler libraries
Reason of retirement: Compat package no longer needed

Removing clang14-libs: Runtime library for clang
Reason of retirement: This compat package is no longer used: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LLVM-18

Removing clang11-resource-filesystem: Filesystem package that owns the clang resource directory
Reason of retirement: Orphaned for 6+ weeks

Removing clang11-libs: Runtime library for clang
Reason of retirement: Orphaned for 6+ weeks

Removing anaconda-user-help: Content for the Anaconda built-in help system
Reason of retirement: Retired due to the build-in help system in the Anaconda GTK UI being removed

Removing libicu72: International Components for Unicode
Reason of retirement: libicu72 isn't required by anything in fc40, was solely a compat package for icu 73 rebase

Removing libvpx7: Compat package with libvpx libraries
Reason of retirement: Retire old compat package in F40+

Removing llvm7.0-libs: LLVM shared libraries
Reason of retirement: obsolete and no longer used (#2258890)

Removing pcmciautils: PCMCIA utilities and initialization programs
Reason of retirement: These are only used for 16 bit (basically ISA) PCMCIA cards which are being actively removed from the kernel

Removing python3.7: Version 3.7 of the Python interpreter
Reason of retirement: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RetirePython3.7

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Manager, Packit and CPT, #brno, #fedora-buildsys