Re: Help with creating first PR for a package

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 06:08:53AM -0300, Priscila Gutierres wrote:
> I created this post based on my own experience:
> https://dev.to/prinewgirl/a-recipe-made-to-create-your-first-pr-for-the-fedora-project-21be
> Hope it helps.

Thanks, with these and an Kan-Ru's instructions, I was able to
successfully push up my changes to my fork on Pagure. However, I did
have one issue with the sources. The push initially failed with the
error:

Source file (or tarball) 'cachelib-0.12.0.tar.gz' wasn't uploaded
to the lookaside cache.

I assume that this is another restriction of not being a packager?
However, I didn't see this addressed in the provided docs. I was able to
bypass it with --no-verify, but the Fedora CI build that was triggered
when I made my Pull Request fails since it couldn't find the uploaded
sources.

I was able to manually submit a passing CI build by pushing up the SRPM.

-Loren

> Em dom., 18 de fev. de 2024 às 05:32, Ondrej Mosnáček <omosnacek@xxxxxxxxx>
> escreveu:
>
> > On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 at 09:23, Kan-Ru Chen <kanru@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > it

> > could

> > > I have recently done this. You need to use fedpkg to clone the
> > repository then
> > > it will setup the hook for authentication with FAS.
> > >
> > > For example if you have fork at `fork/penguin359/rpms/python-cachelib`
> > then use
> > > this command to clone
> > >
> > >     fedpkg clone -a forks/penguin359/rpms/python-cachelib
> > >
> > > then in the cloned repo you can push normally.
> >
> > FWIW. it is documented here:
> >
> > https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/pull-requests/#_you_are_not_a_packager
> > --
> > Do not reply to spam, report it:
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue
> >

> --

Loren M. Lang
lorenl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.north-winds.org/

Public Key: http://www.north-winds.org/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 7896 E099 9FC7 9F6C E0ED  E103 222D F356 A57A 98FA