Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Any press is good press? I believe that the coverage only hurts the
> reputation of the Fedora KDE SIG. If you see the discussions, many people
> are grabbing their virtual pitchforks, or silently switching distributions
> as a result of the news (even though it is actually fake news because I had
> already stated back in September that I would reintroduce the X11 packages
> should you remove them, a fact that the press has not bothered
> researching). Sure, there are some very vocal fanboys screaming "Death to
> X11!", but I really do not understand why, because nobody is forcing them
> to use X11. There is no need to remove X11 to make Wayland great.

F39 is the only release that with Wayland the desktop haven't soft locked and
turned gray seconds after login, so thats a huge improvement.

I never been able to even test Wayland before F39.

Lets try something basic like opening Kmail and read mails
https://imgur.com/a/ZHYNqjq

Maybe this “just works” in plasma6, but if it don’t and there is no easy way
to change to X11, obviously people will choose the path of least resistance.
I don’t even think people will know its because of Wayland and blame it on KDE
instead.