Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

On 2/1/24 11:28 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 4:21 PM Roberto Ragusa <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/1/24 14:29, Steve Cossette wrote:

And yes, that /is/ the whole point: We want to foster the use of Wayland, to increase it's adoption, to force people using it to hit snags along the road and fill tickets so those issues can be fixed.
"force people" "hit snag"

With this kind of attitude, don't be surprised when people describe Fedora
as "the beta test" for Red Hat.

To put it bluntly: KDE is not part of RHEL and Red Hat couldn't care
less about KDE. A "beta test" for Red Hat is pretty useless when it
has basically no impact for Red Hat, positively or negatively.

We are doing this because without doing so, the gaps will *never* be
identified to be fixed in the first place. And they *are* getting
fixed at a rapid clip.

I'd like to think that the gaps will be fixed, but it seems to me that because of policy, some gaps (like apps controlling their own window placement) will never be fixed.

Is there a way to see what gaps remain, which ones are being worked on, and which ones will be declared "not a gap - won't fix"?

	Steve