Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we consider this issue

my non-technical, business-focused $0.02.

there's a great deal of reasonable discussion here.
there are technical & resource reasons for & against each change.

this very discussion sows confusion, particularly with F40 "just around the next corner".
nonetheless, it needs to be had.

the fact remains, Wayland functionality and X11 functionality are not at functional parity/equivalence.
and may never be.

to my cursory count, there are currently four constituencies in this discussion:

	Fesco/FedoraProject
	Fedora community
	Fedora KDE SIG
	KDE upstream

, each with varying degrees of pro- & con- X11-continued-support.

resources are limited.
at EACH of those constituencies. including end users' ...
and EACH has different priorities, with different weights.

'expectations of' any given constituency simply will not fly in community-driven work.

personally, i'm not at all in support of Fedora's wayland-only stance -- particularly as it's out-of-timeline-sync with KDE upstream's policy.

that said, Fedora already feels like it's fraying at the seams from lack of resource.
and for project health, if the project decision's been made to be wayland-only, then that should be a clean break.
any additional/continuing work should be allowed -- it's community -- but kept as separate as possible from official release.

i.e., rip the bandaid off, KISS, and don't dilute.

for me?
there's in-X11/not-yet-in-Wayland functionality that we've come to depend on.
loss of that functionality is a business cost, here.  planning, support, end-user sat, etc.
we've done our own math & risk assessment ... valid only for us, of course.

for many users, fedora/KDE COPR-based solutions will work. for awhile.
but for a fair number of others, we're pulling the plug and switching platforms.

that's not a criticism.  or a technical argument.
that's simply our ack of our current & forseeable business needs.
here.