Re: Proven to be sickened

On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 11:36 AM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IMHO all changes should be opened as merge requests in pagure. This gives
> the regular package maintainers a window of opportunity to review the
> change before it is merged. If there's no response from the package
> maintainer after a couple of weeks then a proven packager can go ahead
> and approve the merge request.

Well said.

I'd advise to create PR - wait week or 2,
if left without response - create BZ for the specific PR as not
everyone watches PRs and PR notifications, and wait week or two,
if left without response - send a direct mail to the package maintainer.

But having at least the PR and a useful commit message would be much
appreciated.

> At the same time I think it is good to remember that Fedora package
> maintainers should think of themselves as guardians, not owners, and
> thus should expect to receive contributions from others, including
> provenpackagers, doing cleanups to follow Fedora guidelines better.

In the case of Fedora, for any part of the project - we should expect
to receive contributions.
I'd also level up and say, we all should encourage contributions to
any part of Fedora.

Every maintainer may be in for a different goal, so it may not be
applicable to everyone, but I like the parable to maintainer being
more of a guardian.

Michal

--

Michal Schorm