Re: Obsoleting zlib in Fedora Rawhide

Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Except that it's not 100% compatible, since all those packages aren't
> building/working with zlib-ng-compat.  At a minimum, you should be able
> to show that everything zlib-dependent successfully rebuilds with this,

I'm afraid I was not clear enough.
Packages built with zlib continue to work after replacing zlib with
zlib-ng-compat.

However, a small list of packages have tests that were written without
considering that one day we would have many different implementations of
zlib.
These tests need to be modified. In some cases, I believe they should be
disabled as they aim to test the zlib implementation instead of testing
their own code.

With that said, I haven't identified a compatibility issue with zlib-ng
yet. If you have, please let me know.

--
Tulio Magno