Re: dnf conflict in rawhide Docker container in GitHub Action

On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 11:02:29AM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Neither I nor nirik can reproduce this as described. Note the web UI is
> basically just lies / incomplete info; I think it's telling you when
> the tag was created, not when the image behind it was last updated.

The web page is... unfortunate.

So, we setup that page orig using 'reg' to generate a web page from the
existing registry contents, I am not sure who this was intended for. :(
contributors? end users? who looks at it instead of just pulling or
using skopeo?

reg is a golang app, the server it's running on is currently rhel7 and
it's been a bit of pain to keep it building. Then, a few months ago, it
started failing... some of the time. I couldn't track down why sometimes
it failed, but when it did all the files were 0 length and the registry
page would be blank.

I talked with websites folks and we thought it might be nice to just
redirect that page to a 'fedora containers' type websites page,
explaining how to use the containers, etc. Thats not yet happened.

Also, we are looking at migrating soon to just use quay.io and point
registry.fedoraproject.org there. Thats not yet happened either.

Of course we can do both...

So, I manually updated the web page, so it should be accurate again.

I can try and look at replacing it with a placeholder page, or see where
websites folks are in making a page.

Anyhow, as far as I can see the image is the GA f39 image and is right
and correct, it's just the web page thats misleading.

kevin