Re: dnf conflict in rawhide Docker container in GitHub Action

> On Thu, 2023-08-10 at 19:07 +0000, Chris Kelley wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a GitHub Action
> > (https://github.com/dogtagpki/jss/actions/runs/5810230552/job/15794
> > 978022) that fails due to a conflict between dnf and dnf5 when
> > using the rawhide docker image. I have been trying to keep up with
> > the dnf/dnf5 revert story, but I may have missed something about
> > the current state of affairs/expectations around it working without
> > issue. I am not sure to whom I should raise this issue, any
> > suggestions welcome - thanks!
>
> Not sure what the specific issue is here, but in general, we
> recommend
> against pulling from the Docker registry, as it is not updated very
> often. It's much better to pull from registry.fedoraproject.org or
> quay.io , as those are updated with every Rawhide compose.

Hi,

It seems that https://registry.fedoraproject.org/repo/fedora/tags/ is
quite outdated (contrary to https://hub.docker.com/_/fedora ).

This is quite bad, if I run

    podman run -ti fedora:39

it will get the image from registry.fedoraproject.org (due to
/etc/containers/registries.conf). The problem is, that this image is
from August and still points to Rawhide. So the first `dnf upgrade`
installs fc40 packages, which results in a broken installation.

Workaround:

    podman run -ti docker.io/fedora:39

Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? Where would I report
this?

Thomas