Re: Orphaning all my packages

Sorry for top posting. But my question doesn’t fit to a specific post. And I don’t like to contribute to getting off-topic. But ...

I followed the thread and various similar discussions closely. My question is: Who is really suffering from the famous „June decision“ of Red Hat? I don’t get it.

No one has denied that every fix or improvement of a software or a configuration finds its way into CentOS (stream) and its source repository (and hopefully into Fedora, too - much more important here). So as a member of the OSS community, I can take full advantage of any enhancement to OSS software developed by Red Hat and have access to the source code.

As a Red Hat customer, I obviously have access to the source code for the specific RHEL x.y.z version I am using, either - just in case I’m interested instead of the phone number in my support contract.

And as a student, programmer or even curious citizen who would like to know and learn how everything works, with a developer license I can look at everything and study and learn.

So, who _exactly_ is suffering?

I don’t get it and would really like to know. I put a considerable amount of time into Fedora. Maybe, I’m suffering without knowing?  :-)

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora Docs team contributor and board member
Java developer and enthusiast