Re: The new Change discussion process is painful

On Wed, 2023-09-13 at 10:46 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 13. 09. 23 v 9:08 Remi Collet napsal(a):

> > > I don't really understand what you mean. AFAICT, every Change that has
> > > been announced at
> > > https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/c/project/changes/89 has also been
> > > announced at
> > > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce%40lists.fedoraproject.org/
> > >
> > > , so nothing has been replaced.
> >
> > Sadly it seems there is some email issues
> >
> > For a few days, tons of messages are lost
> > so, I also don't receive any of the recent change announcements
>

> If nothing else, the announcements were previously send to
> devel-announce with devel in CC, while the CC is not included anymore.
> IOW can we have devel back in CC, please?

Ah. There's an issue at the moment in that sometimes folks are self-
announcing Changes because we do not have an official change wrangler
ATM (that job went with the program manager position - Aoife and I are
sort of trying to fill in, but it's neither of our actual jobs), and
folks doing that may not know to CC devel@.

Are devel-announce mails not being also sent to devel@ ATM?
Historically they always were. I think we have this issue with test@
and test-announce@, but I didn't realize it also affects devel/devel-
announce.

CCing devel@ is mentioned in
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/program_management/pgm_guide/sop/changes-announce/
, which I've been directing folks to when they're self-announcing, but
maybe it's easy to miss, and it looks like Aoife forgot it in the round
she announced on Monday.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA