Re: An update on RHEL moving to issues.redhat.com

On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 7:34 PM Maxwell G <maxwell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
2023-09-09T01:05:39Z Brendan Conoboy <blc@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> All new issues found or desired in RHEL (Or CentOS Stream) need to be
> filed on issues.redhat.com[http://issues.redhat.com].
Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the update.

How can I watch (i.e. get email notifications about) specific packages'
bugs in Jira like I could with
<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=component_watch>? I
currently watch ansible-core bugs so I can keep up with RHEL changes and
properly maintain the ansible community package in EPEL.

Hey, this is a great question, especially because I have a decent answer ;-)  I don't think there is an exact analogue, but this approach will probably do what you want, and maybe be even better:

0. I'm assuming you've created an account and are logged in.
1. Visit issues.redhat.com, open the Issues drop-down menu, and select Search.
2. Enter this search term: "project = RHEL and component = ansible-core" and click "Search". You'll see all current issues.  This is called a filter and it works approximately like an SQL query. It's fast.
3. Click the "Save as" button just above the dialogue box. This will let you save the filter for later use, sharing, etc. Let's say you call it "epel ansible-core bugs"
4. Return to the Issues drop-down menu and select "Manage Filters". You'll be taken to a page that shows all the filters you own, probably just "epel ansible-core bugs" to start.
5. On the row showing "epel ansible-core bugs" you'll see a column with a link titled "Subscribe".  Pick the frequency you'd like to have it run, and you'll get an email with the results of the filter on that frequency.
6. Soon you'll get tired of seeing the same stuff, and want to change the filter to something like "project = RHEL and component = ansible-core and (createdDate > -1d OR updatedDate > -1d)".  You can do that, save it to the same filter, and you'll get that report instead.

There's a ton of documentation, youtube videos, etc out there on Jira intrinsics like this.  If we find that there's a need for some Fedora-flavored documentation to support EPEL that's cool, let's figure out where to put it and we'll make it happen.

--
Brendan Conoboy / CASE & CPE / Red Hat, Inc.