Re: RFC: Roadmap for DNF5 in Fedora 39 / invoking the Contingency Mechanism

On 7/17/23 07:39, Jaroslav Mracek wrote:
Hello Pavel,

May I ask you to be more specific what is the problem with including references for issues? I am not sure whether your issues are related to issues referenced by Fabio or whether you have in mind something else. It will help us to prioritize the work.

Hi, I put more details in the fesco ticket: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3039#comment-864686 I believe these are commonly known so I did not open any ticket against dnf5.

As said in the comment, I stopped putting effort into making dnf5 work for our use case (which is provisioning of multiple distributions for upstream PR CI via ansible), we would certainly hit more issues - or unimplemented functionality if you want to sugar coat it - that would require workarounds.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 10:50 AM Pavel Březina <pbrezina@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pbrezina@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 7/13/23 23:59, Fabio Valentini wrote:
     > Hi all,
     >
     > I'm opening this thread to trigger discussion of the roadmap for DNF5
     > in Fedora 39 - whether the switch still looks doable for this
    release,
     > or whether it should be reverted for F39 and postponed to F40.

    +1 for postponing. We have hit issues preparing CI environment via
    ansible and applying workarounds to make dnf5 work is imho not the way
    to go with such core tool. It should be there as opt-in so it can get
    tested but not default.

DNF5 was released in Fedora 38 where it replaced microdnf, therefore it was possible to test it in Fedora 38

Best regards

Jaroslav

    [fedora-ci/general#416](https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/416) <https://pagure.io/fedora-ci/general/issue/416)>),

    devel-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx