Re: [HEADS UP] Python 3.12 side tag merging today (and what to do)

On 04-07-2023 16:51, Tomáš Hrnčiar wrote:
As you might already know, we have recently conducted a Python 3.12mass rebuild in aside tag. We plan to ask releng to merge it today, despite several builds not succeeding. We always aim for some compromise between having the side tag open for too long and having too many failures.We belive this time it was open logn enough and the remaining failures can be fixed after the merge. ~3370 out of ~4040 source packages were successfully built.

First of all, thanks for all the work you did introducing Python 3.12.

How did you determine which packages to build in the side tag?

I see one of my packages, python-fvs, in the list of failed builds. I'm also one of the maintainers of Bottles, which requires python-fvs. Bottles itself is mostly Python code. I would have expected Bottles to be rebuild as well. With python-fvs failing, Bottles should fail to install.

But bottles never received the 'Rebuilt for Python 3.12' commit. Most interestingly, neither did python-fvs. But it is on the list of failed builds.

For both packages I don't see a build by any of the Python folks with 'koji list-builds --package $PACKAGE --pattern \*fc39'

So, I'm a bit confused.

-- Sandro