Re: Fedora Copr builders updated to Fedora 38

On sobota 10. června 2023 22:36:08 CEST Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> > I'm not strongly against anything; but rather than weaker policy for
> > everything I slightly prefer keeping the _stricter default policy_ with
> > _disabled gpgcheck for EL6_ (we should phase epel-6 out entirely anyway
> > since it's long time EOL, but we still keep it for the distro upgrade
> > team(s)).  This is up to the community to decide, let us know in our
> > issue tracker if you are concerned.
>
> Considering that Fedora buildroots always get killed off within days of the
> EOL, I do not see why you are keeping epel-6 buildroots active 2½ years (!)
> after its EOL.

Sorry to hear this is problematic, and potentially bringing
controversy.

The answer, from me (one of the Copr maintainers/devels payed by RH), is
that we did not have to care about the epel-6 chroots too much.  The
limiting factor of Fedora Copr is mostly storage.  For the context:

    - epel-6 consumption now is 94GB (building still ON)
    - fedora-36 decreases quickly to 1943GB (building OFF, recently)
    - fedora-35 1193GB
    - ...
    - fedora-31 still 112GB (building OFF for a few years?)
    - fedora-30 still 71GB ...

For more info see the stats [1].

If we really want to shut epel-6, I think we can do that?  Can we please
have an issue for this?  But this is going to be a political decision,
because technically it is a micro optimization for the bottleneck we
have.

[1] https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/stats/distro.html

Pavel