Re: What is configuration of machines in Koji BS (python-invoke build hangs)?

Thanks a lot Kevin. This time it completed successfully: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=100456381

Looks like I hit some temporary issue in previous builds.

Regards
Jiri

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 7:25 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 03:46:55PM +0200, Jiri Kucera wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> where can I find the source code of the machines' configuration used by
> Koji build system and scripts/tools that are used for the deployment?

koji builders are currently Fedora 37 vm's/hardware.
They are configured via ansible.
See:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/blob/main/f/playbooks/groups/buildvm.yml
https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/blob/main/f/playbooks/groups/buildhw.yml

> I am asking since I am trying to build a python-invoke for Fedora 38 and
> everytime it hangs on `pytest`[1][3]. However, it builds smoothly on my
> local machine in mock. Also, last time I built it for rawhide approximately
> a month ago it also builds smoothly. So my guess why it hangs now are:
> * pytest receives a signal
> * pytest is blocked when trying to write its warning summary to the output
> due to some kind of quota (there are tons of deprecation warnings, see the
> rawhide build.log[2])
> * anything else (any thoughts?)

Koji builders just call mock with a config from koji to enable the right
repos, etc.

it should be identical to mock on a local machine, unless there's
something in the koji buildroot thats not in the mock builds you were
doing.

> I am about to disable %check to make the build successful, but if anybody
> has a clue what's going on please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jiri
>
> [1] Cancelled builds previously hanging:
> - https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=100408931
> - https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=100412125
> [2] Successful rawhide build:
> - https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2165115
> [3] You can see from the build.log the pytest is wrapped inside of expect
> script allocating a pseudo terminal for it. This is because the mocking of
> tty in upstream tests does not work as expected so the majority of tests
> are failing when running outside of the terminal device.

If you want to start another build with the tests and ping me ( in
#releng:fedoraproject.org / #fedora-releng on libera.chat, or via email)
I can login to the builder and strace where it is stalling.

Off hand I don't know why anything would be different on the builders
here.

kevin