Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2023-03-07)

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 05:49:24AM +0100, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > * #2951 Proposal: policy for resubmitting rejected proposals  (zbyszek,
> >   17:07:47)
> >   * AGREED: FESCo will make an effort to notify people when proposals
> >     are resubmitted for voting without a formal change in the process
> >     rules. A note will be added to FESCo_meeting_process. (+7,0,0)
> >     (zbyszek, 17:18:25)
>
> So basically we are stuck with the status quo. Meaning that there is still
> nothing preventing an already rejected feature from being surprisingly
> reconsidered after the change deadline, and no guarantee that the "effort to
> notify people" is actually going to happen (especially in the future, as
> FESCo composition changes). Sad. I had got the impression that there were
> consensus in FESCo to improve the situation. Apparently, that was a false
> impression, unfortunately.

Your assumption of bad faith from elected representatives of the community is
worrying. You manage to imply bad intentions not only from the current group,
but even from the future ones, yet unknown. Quite an achievement! I think that
you are under a false impression that repeating your argument ad infinitum is
useful for something.

Zbyszek