Re: WASM from Ruby - Lightning Chess Web App

Jun,

On 2023-01-09 00:36, Jun Aruga (he / him) wrote:
On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 11:51 AM Philip Rhoades via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

People,

Over the holidays we had our irregular Family Lightning Chess
competition (10 seconds per move) - I have not found an online web site
that will work exactly with our rules and it occurs to me that this
would be a nice project for me to get working via a Ruby2WASM project.
If I could get that project working, it would allow the family to have
at least annual electronic competitions for the times when not all the
relatives can physically make it to the one place at the one time . .

What do you think?

Good idea!

Good! - I wasn't sure if it was or note . .

Ruby 3.2 released a few weeks ago, started to support the WASM built
feature, and I guess that people want to use it easily.

I certainly do!

The first choice for the packaging is to create WASM built binaries as
a sub package of "ruby" https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ruby or to
create a new package with the new RPM spec file.

I don't know about that but it would be good for me to get started with a "Hello World!" Ruby2WASM app and go from there . .

We discussed if we shipped WASM binaries a bit in the ruby-sig@
mailing list. I can recommend you to join the list to discuss people
in the ruby related packages  if you like.

* Ruby 3.2 - ruby-sig@

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/ruby-sig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/FK3XRKUICBS7HFZVEENSEGJ4ZMKCVNWF/

Yes, I read that stuff and am subscribed to that list now.

Fedora WASM SIP might be launched. You can check the situation.

* Web Assembly on Fedora: interested in a Fedora SIG to work on this?

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/JO2YYDQPC65EMQVO6UCHDV4SAKQNSGKV/

Happy to join that list too but that is a much wider deal than the Ruby2WASM project?

Thanks!

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades