Re: F38 proposal: Unified Kernel Support Phase 1 (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Do, 22.12.22 06:38, Neal Gompa (ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I have to think about what happens when the cat is out of the bag.
> What I want is not necessarily a solution to this now, but a
> commitment that someone will actively work on fixing these problems
> *before* proposing the next phase and have it ready *before* making
> any future proposals on UKIs. If you can't do that, I can't in good
> faith consider incrementally supporting UKIs, because there's
> effectively no plan to make them work as a future default way of
> shipping the Linux kernel.

BTW, you keep talking of "these" problems, and are extremely vague
about those. I think I understood that you hit the NVRAM size limits
before, by enrolling private certs?

What are those issues precisely? Did you file bugs? How many certs did
you try to enroll? Or did you try to enroll hashes? Were was this
dicussed?

Without any of that the vagueness just constitutes FUD... Hence,
please be more specific!

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin