Re: Stupid question about QT6 and OpenGL support

Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> ... I wonder why... AFAIK, GLES should be better for low resource
> systems like raspberry, isn't it?

Probably yes. KDE upstream recommends it for Plasma Mobile, and Manjaro ARM
builds a few qt5-es2-* packages (conflicting with the regular qt5-* ones)
for the components where it makes a difference. Fedora could do the same on
aarch64.

And proprietary drivers for ARM often support ONLY OpenGL ES, so if we do
not have Qt builds built for ES, Qt will not support OpenGL with those
drivers at all. (Though it can be argued that that is a feature. ;-) )

As I understand it, Mesa now supports desktop OpenGL everywhere, but missing
functionality is emulated in software, which is obviously slow.

        Kevin Kofler