Re: Copr delete-by-default expiration policy still unacceptable

Dne 13. 10. 22 v 15:27 Stephen Smoogen napsal(a):
The problem is that they HAVE been running out of disk space quite regularly. This is not a new problem as COPR has bounced off of zero storage over time as various 'newer' hardware is moved over for their usage. Currently, the storage they are using is an aging disk service which will go out of warranty in about a year.

This is situation we used to have. Nowadays we use a storage from AWS (we are grateful for their sponsoring). And we got it for free.

The problem is that we just hit a glass ceiling of this unlimited service as you cannot create volume larger than 16 TB. Last month we spent some time investigating the options (EFS, RAIDs) and we decided to use RAID of several volumes. We have a WIP blogpost about this.

The problem is not money right now, but maintainability. E.g., it take **days** to sync the volumes. And it took us two weeks of preparation to prepare for migration (which will happen in few days and is about to be announced) which will last just few hours.

Miroslav