Re: Unresponsive maintainer: Alex Chernyakhovsky

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 09:23:10PM +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 29/06/2022 20:58, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > No, it isn't. It's great ;)
>
> Why? I doubt fighting maintainers is a good thing for Fedora.

Why are you assuming the added EPEL maintainers want to fight
the existing maintainers. That's an unwarranted negative
viewpoint. People aren't asking to be EPEL maintainers with
malicious intent to hijack a package, they are working to
try to benefit the Fedora project in cases where the existing
maintainer doesn't want to get involved in EPEL maint work.

After demonstrating their skills in EPEL maint the main package
maintainer may choose to invite them to get involved in Fedora
branch maint too. Spreading the load is a very good thing, since
so many package maintainers in Fedora are over-stretched in what
they try to cope with. Reducing the bus factor is a good backup
for time periods when real life prevents a maintainer doing work
on Fedora.

We should be openly welcoming people who want to get involved
in EPEL, and assume positive intent by default because that will
be the overwhealming common case.

With regards,
Daniel