Re: Installing ffmeg-free degrades firefox video support

Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> An unfiltered version has recently been approved[1].
>
> [1]: https://pagure.io/fedora-workstation/issue/300

I agree with the RPM Fusion developers that this is an absolutely ridiculous
double standard, especially with statements like "and we retire Fedora
flatpaks that would benefit from unrestricted multimedia codecs available on
flathub (specifically Firefox and Totem)". I really do not see why doing
that with Flathub is OK and not with RPM Fusion.

The user experience from Flathub is much worse because the packages are not
in our native format, and because there are no rules at all on how and from
what source code they are built. Anyone can upload any binary blob to
Flathub.

        Kevin Kofler