Re: SPDX identifiers in old branches?

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 2:27 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At least in the MIT license case, the MIT identifier exists there. One
> reason Tom Callaway resisted changing to SPDX in the past was that
> they never resolved the problem with the MIT identifier. It's
> effectively a family identifier, just like in Fedora. The difference
> is that some MIT license variants got separate identifiers, but not
> all.

That is something I had been musing about, but had
not done the research.

Other than the MIT case (and it should not be swept
under the rug), are there any substantial use of
licenses in Fedora where the Fedora license id
and the SPDX license id can lead to confusion
as to which is being specified?

For most of the software I am involved with the
license ids used would clearly be seen as either
SPDX or Fedora without even needing to be
specified explicitly as one or the other.

If only a few licenses are the biggest problem
children, perhaps we can focus resources
on them alone.