Re: SPDX identifiers in old branches?

Dne 25. 05. 22 v 14:40 Daniel P. Berrangé napsal(a):
Ewwww, please no. Apps need to know whether a given RPM is using SPDX
or not, independantly of whether they have Fedora git source history
available. We just need to record this fact in the specfile explicitly,
so it is available both to maintainers and to any apps parsing the
spec and to any apps querying the installed RPMDB.

We can hardly avoid a transition period. So any application (and I am aware of just rpminspect and rpmlint) will know that everything prior F35 and EPEL-7 use short names. And everything after F39 and EPEL 10 will use SPDX.

In the between we just need to somehow track what was migrated and what not. That can be bugzilla, special macro (which likely should be removed after few years) or git log.

Miroslav